Wednesday, March 16, 2011

GregMinnaar/Mongoose series #1

The first round of the GregMinnaar/Mongoose series kicked off on the 30th January at Cascades on a fresh top section of course designed by Brian Dinkelman which led onto the bottom half of the World cup track. I was really excited and motivated to start the new season off on my new GT Fury.

The track was really fun, there was alot of pedalling on the top part of course which led into some steep switchbacks and tight turns. A few big jumps on the world cup track and a fast sprint to the finish. My first run went well, I had no big mistakes but was certain there was room for improvement. I was second overall, just 1 second off Tim. The second run I pushed hard and made an effort to pedal more between every turn. I went 1.5 seconds faster in that run to end the day first overall.

Results for the day were:

1) Travis Browning
2) Tim Bentley
3) Tiaan Odendaal

I was really happy to get the season off to a good start aboard my new bike and super motivated for the next few races.
Ride safe,
TB



No comments:

Post a Comment