Friday, March 18, 2011

GregMinnaar/Mongoose DH series #2

The second round of the GregMinnaar/Mongoose DH series was held at Cascades, this time on a longer more physically demanding course. We started above the N3 pedalling section, unfortunately heavy rains from the previous night stopped the trucks from reaching the top where we were meant to start so we had a shorter but by no means easier course We rode through some pine forest from the start that spat you out onto the world cup track and from there it was pedalling flat out all the way to the bottom.

My First run was good, no mistakes but I felt I did slack off on the pedalling a bit to much. I was first overall but knew there was another run and everyone was gonna push alot harder. I went to the top focused and ready to get the job done. I pedalled hard and improved by 4 seconds on my first run time. It wasn't enough to knock Allisdair out the hot seat so he took the overall win with me in second. Really stoked for him, it's awesome to see the depth of DH riders that KZN produces.

Overall results for the day:
1) Allasdair Fey
2) Travis Browning
3) Hayden Brown
4) Tiaan Odendaal
5) Kelvin Purchase

Our next regional will be on the full World cup track so it's gonna be a real test of fitness and skill!

Ride safe,
TB












No comments:

Post a Comment