Tuesday, April 6, 2010

GregMinnaar/Mongoose DH series #4

Hey everyone, been a while since I updated my blog been a bit busy and slack at the same time. On the 28 March the fourth round of the GregMinnaar/Mongoose DH series was held at Ferncliff on our national course. The track was super long and tough on the body. There's a steep first section with loads of off camber that flows along the road leading into the new pine section. There's a few switch backs before hitting a step down leading into the final pine section that flows parallel to rut hill road and joins onto the world cup table tops and follows the same route all the way down.

My first run went well until the pine forest where I unclipped and slid out around one corner. I held it together and tried to finish strong by pedalling hard along the N3. I was happy with my time of 4:33 considering I didn't have the cleanest run. that put me 3rd overall with Tim and Tiaan in front of me. My second run was good at the top, held all the lines and carried speed well. I tried to pedal harder on the N3 but that run went a second slower. Guess I ran out of legs on the pedalling bit. Hayds went faster in that run placing me in 4th position and 2nd elite.

Overall results for the day were:

1) Hayden Brown 4:27.81
2) Tiaan Odendaal 4:27.91
3) Tim Bently 4:28.12
4) Travis Browning 4:33.03
5) Kelvin Purchase 4:37.55

Thanks to my dad and Brian for an awesome course, I think the national this weekend is going to be a huge success for all taking part. Well done to Hayds, Tiaan and Tim for a super ride.

Ride safe,
TB

No comments:

Post a Comment