Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blue Mountain Resort

On Saturday 7th August I traveled up to Blue mountain Resort in Collingwood with Adam Dahl and Craig Pollet. It's about a 3 hour drive from where I'm staying so we left early Saturday morning. I had no idea what to expect as I have never been to a mountain bike park before. I was real excited to get some riding done, havent been on the DH bike in a while. The resort was amazing, loads of people and village centre right near the ski lift. A 10 minute gondala ride got us to the top of the mountain where you have a choice of between 15 or so trails. We started off on the easier ones to get in the zone and get used to the bike again. From there I tried a couple differant trails then found two i really liked so spent most of the time riding on those. The one was called squeker, it was super fast and had real good flow. There were loads of roots crossing the track so it was fun trying differant lines by popping off them and keeping smooth. The other was called O-chute, it was alot steeper and had way more breaking bumps and rock sections. The final round of the Ontario Downhill cup will be taking place on that trail this coming weekend. I'm really hoping to compete, just organising lifts to Blue and back. Gotta make it happen coz it was awesome being back on the bike again, especially to ride trails like that! Check out a video of a trail named "Halo" on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=871575034#!/video/video.php?v=10150243517880035&ref=mf

Ride safe, TB























No comments:

Post a Comment