Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Round #2 GregMinnaar/Mongoose DH series

On Sunday the 31st of January I had my first race back after a month and a half break from cycling due to my broken finger. I was a bit shakey the first couple of runs down the hill, when you haven’t ridden for a while it’s not as easy as climbing back on the bike and going fast straight away as I soon found out Sunday morning. The track at worlds view is awesome, very fast and has a lot of natural obstacles that make for a fun course. My first run was ok, a bit conservative but I was happy to get a solid time. My feet blew off the pedals when I landed from jump in the forest which killed my momentum a bit, so I was hoping to have a clean second run. Next run came and the same thing happened down the first straight before the main rock garden, I managed to keep it together and finish the run a second and a half faster. I was happy with the race, gonna take a bit more practice to get up to speed and some training to get some fitness back, but I’m more than willing to do the work.

Overall results for the day were:

1) Greg Minnaar 1.26.21
2) Tim Bentley 1.27.11
3) Tiaan Odendaal 1.30.69
4) Justin Cope 1.31.21
5) Travis Browning 1.32.08


Thanks to Brian and my dad for setting an amazing course, looking forward to riding there again! Thanks to Lloyd for the photo. See a write up on the event at http://www.nsrmtb.co.za/

No comments:

Post a Comment